1.) Why isn’t the app free when you purchase the book?
- Apps cost a lot of money to produce—just like physical books or ebooks—so we have to charge for them in order to keep producing great content! However the app is less expensive than the physical book in order to make it more affordable for anyone who wants to own both!
2.) Why can’t I copy the entire devotional and email it to my friends?
- This is not included in our apps because it is a copyright issue. Copyright law exists to protect authors and their content and we have to adhere to the law. You can share 140 characters of each devotional via Twitter, Facebook, and email, but you cannot share the entire devotional.
3.) Is there a way to back-up my notes?
- As long as you back-up you entire device regularly, you should never lose your notes!
4.) I’m having trouble logging into Facebook or Twitter from the app. Help!
- Since the share feature relies on Facebook.com and Twitter.com, if those sites are having trouble, you may have trouble sharing. If this happens, wait a little while and try again. Facebook and Twitter are great at fixing bugs and glitches on their sites quickly. If it has been 24 hours and you are still having trouble, please contact us and include the name of the app you are having trouble with.
5.) I’d like to contact Sarah Young with feedback, a question, or a prayer request.
- Please check out our Jesus Calling facebook page. Sarah checks this page often and our marketing team send any questions or prayer requests on to Sarah when she cannot get to a computer.
6.) I gifted the app to a friend, but he or she has not received it.
- Have your friend check their spam filter—the gifted app email comes from Apple and can sometimes get caught in the spam folder!
- If your friend still hasn’t received and it is not in their spam folder, contact Apple and include the receipt number you were given when you purchased the gift. Apple controls all purchases through iTunes and the App Store and we cannot access that information.
7.) I purchased this app, but it didn’t download.
- If you close the App or lose your internet connection after making a purchase, and your purchased book does not appear in your library, tap it again in the Store to re-download for free. You will not be charged twice for the same book, even if you see an App Store pop-up asking you to confirm another purchase. If you are re-charged, please contact Apple for a refund. We cannot access the store or your account to provide a refund, Apple must do it.
8.) I purchased this app and was enjoying it, but when I updated my device, the app disappeared. How can I re-download it?
- If your purchased book does not appear in your library, tap it again in the Store to re-download for free. You will not be charged twice for the same book, even if you see an App Store pop-up asking you to confirm another purchase. If you are re-charged, please contact Apple for a refund. Unfortunately, we cannot access the store or your account to provide a refund; Apple must do it.
- If you cannot re-download, please contact Apple as we cannot access your iTunes account to fix that problem.
9.) I purchased my Jesus Calling app before July 2011 and now I am experiencing issues with it. What do I do?
- The original app had to be discontinued and, due to Apple’s policies, we were not able to offer the new app as an upgrade to the old app. The new app is available at http://thejesuscallingapp.com/. If you have any further issues please contact us.